The first step to overall oral maintenance is dental cleanings and exams. At Oceanview Dental, we provide these treatments during your first visit to our office and at subsequent check-ups. Generally performed by one of our dental hygienists, dental cleanings and exams generally follow these measures:
- First, your teeth will be thoroughly cleaned to remove built-up plaque and tartar, which often lead to infection and decay.
- Your teeth are polished for a beautiful finish and to remove lingering stains.
- We will check for signs of existing decay or damage.
- Dental restorations, such as fillings and crowns, are checked for needed maintenance and repair.
- We will also perform a gum disease evaluation and oral cancer screening for early detection of more serious dental conditions.
During your initial visit, high-quality digital X-rays will be taken as an essential part of evaluating your smile and planning treatment. If necessary, we will take X-rays again during check-ups to investigate signs of decay or damage. This is the ideal time to ask questions and to discuss your smile goals. For more information about dental cleanings and exams in Oceanside, California, and to reserve time with one of our talented dentists, we invite you to contact our office today.