Give the gift of a great smile this holiday season. Even the best presents money can afford cannot outdo the magnificence of a cheery disposition and a happy greeting with a healthy smile.
If you want your smile to be as bright as can be, it’s essential to practice safe, effective, and healthy oral hygiene habits, beginning with brushing your teeth. Here are few important tips to remember:
– Due to cross-contamination, try to avoid sharing toothbrushes or storing next to other brushes.
– Replace your toothbrush at least every 3-4 months or earlier if your bristles are heavily worn.
– Eat a proper diet, and avoid sugary foods that are difficult to brush away, such as hard candy and chewy taffy.
– Make sure your toothbrush is the proper size and fits comfortably into your mouth. Also be sure it can reach all areas around your teeth and gums.
– Look for toothbrushes and toothpaste that have the ADA Seal of Acceptance.
– Stop by for a visit to your dentist at Oceanview Dental every six months for an oral exam and professional cleaning.
– Brush your teeth and gums in two minute intervals, twice daily. Don’t forget to floss once daily as well.
It’s important to stick to your routine, and not slack off on your oral health care habits. If you would like to set up an oral exam or professional cleaning with Dr. Jordan Colby, please call us at 760.433.0393, to speak with a member of our friendly staff. You can also stop by our office in Oceanside, California. Brush away bad oral hygiene and enjoy a great smile once more!