James S. Hargas, DMD
Dr. James S. Hargas, DMD, PC, practices dentistry in Oceanside, California with the philosophy of “excellence in dentistry without attitude.” His family practice focuses on aesthetics and comprehensive general dentistry, as well as implant rehabilitation. Dr. Hargas graduated from the University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine in 1978, where he received his dental degree with honors. He served three active years in the United States Navy dental corps, where he rotated through all specialties and decided to become a comprehensive general dentist. With over thirty years of general dentistry experience, Dr. Hargas has countless hours of advanced education in all areas of comprehensive dentistry, specializing in cosmetic and advanced restorative procedures, implant reconstruction, endodontics and orthodontic specialties.
After spending his youth and college years in Maine and Pennsylvania, Dr. Hargas came to North San Diego County in 1978 and served his country by providing dental services in the U.S. Naval Dental Corps at Camp Pendleton and Okinawa. He opened his comprehensive general dental practice in 1983, and formed Oceanview Dental Specialty Dental Group in 1993.
Dr Hargas and his wife Gail, who is an ICU RN, were married in 1985. They have a beautiful daughter and son. They are a very close family and love outdoor activities such as surfing, boating, motorcycling, and spending time with their horses and dogs. They also support Christian and philanthropic activities.
- 1978, DMD Degree – Graduated with Honors from the University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA
- 1978-1987, U.S. Naval Dental Corps – active and inactive duty. General practice rotation and specialties.
- 1974, BS Degree in Business and Science with Honors from Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA
- American Dental Association
- California Dental Association
- Southern California Dental Association
- Academy of General Dentistry
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- North Coast Dental Institute
- Seattle Study Club Advisor
Ken Garcia, DDS
Prior to opening up 3 private dental practices in California Dr. Ken Garcia taught at Loma Linda University for three years, which is also where he earned his Doctor of Dental Surgery (D.D.S.) degree in 1989. Inspired by learning and highly motivated to remain at the forefront of new developments in his field, Dr. Garcia has continued his education by attending advanced educational courses at The Dawson Center in Florida and by keeping abreast of the latest techniques in implant surgery.
In addition to being fully Board Certified by the state of California, Dr Garcia has incorporated this advanced education along with his caring personality into his delivery methods of dentistry, guaranteeing a safe, pain and stress-free environment during each and every visit. Always considerate of your concerns and needs, Dr. Ken Garcia believes in building a strong patient/provider relationship, assuring you, the patient of the highest quality dental care coupled with complete patient satisfaction.
Dr. Garcia’s love and appreciation for his own family, which consists of his wife Jody and two children, Tayber and Lea, shows through in his work: His dentistry provides a pleasant and warm atmosphere geared toward the entire family where the patient’s needs come first.
Mark Krupp, DDS
Dr. Mark Krupp graduated from the University of Minnesota School of Dentistry in 1982. He obtained his specialist degree in periodontics shortly thereafter. Dr. Krupp has provided periodontal and implant services in the San Diego area for over twenty-four years, and has been treating patients in Dr. Hargas’s practice for fifteen years.
Specializing in dental implants and other periodontal procedures, Dr. Krupp employs the latest technology to minimize discomfort before, during, and after his care. In addition, Dr. Krupp uses techniques that reduce the chances of inflammation and pain after surgical procedures. With this regimen, Dr. Krupp’s patients have minimal swelling and rarely need strong narcotics to control pain. Dr. Krupp realizes that many patients are anxious about going to the dentist and provides nitrous oxide, IV sedation, and if needed, arrangements can be made to have a board-certified dental anesthesiologist provide general anesthesia for surgical procedures.
Aside from practicing dentistry, Dr. Krupp has been happily married to his wife, Rita, for 32 years. Rita is a speech pathologist working with special needs children in the Grossmont High School District. Their beautiful daughter is a special education teacher in Huntington Beach, and their wonderful son is a student at Mira Costa Community College.
David Adams, DDS
Dr. David Adams is committed to living near Southern California’s beautiful coast, where he enjoys his favorite pastime – surfing. He is also deeply involved in the martial arts, and he enjoys playing the piano and creating beautiful smiles for children and adults. His high standards for himself translate to his success and care for his patients.
Dr. Adams’s main reason for entering the dental field was to allow him the opportunity to create beautiful smiles that last a lifetime!
Education & Credentials:
- San Diego State University (SDSU) 1982
- Bachelor’s of Science in Microbiology with Honors
- University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) 1986
- Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) – 25 Exceptional Performance Awards
- Post-Doctoral Specialty Degree in Pediatric Dentistry 1990
- Post-Doctoral Specialty Degree in Orthodontics 1990
- Master’s Degree in Oral Biology with an emphasis on Facial Growth & Development
- Elite Premier Provider – Invisalign® System
Memberships & Associations:
- Rady Children’s Hospital Affiliate Staff Member
- American Dental Association
- California Dental Association
- San Diego County Dental Society
- California Society of Pediatric Dentistry
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- American Association of Orthodontics
- Pacific Coast Society of Orthodontics